Home

Clinically Digital

I have recently become a tad obsessed with learning the R programming language. I am part way through the second course via Coursera but have gone off on a bit of a tangent with my coding.

My first tangent today took me to http://www.data.gov.bc.ca which has open source datasets on a range of topics. My first project involved writing a script to download, compile and analyze multiple files from the website to determine the rate of respiratory deaths from 2003-2007 per Health Service Delivery Area. This allowed me to learn various techniques, such as downloading files via code, converting excel files to csv and using grouped bar plots for visualization. I found some interesting results, however I didn’t really want to post them here as I am not confident with their accuracy.

My second project involved mining twitter data and visualizing themes. I tried various approaches and found my prettiest…

View original post 145 mots de plus

Publicités

Laisser un commentaire

Choisissez une méthode de connexion pour poster votre commentaire:

Logo WordPress.com

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte WordPress.com. Déconnexion / Changer )

Image Twitter

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte Twitter. Déconnexion / Changer )

Photo Facebook

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte Facebook. Déconnexion / Changer )

Photo Google+

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte Google+. Déconnexion / Changer )

Connexion à %s